Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Eyes of Healing, A Lenten Meditation


Eyes before me gleam and dance radiantly with no ending in sight,
Their depth beyond words, their power beyond all awareness.
Their light is sharp, ever so sharp, piercing thru a sea of pain and long travel.
The waves of life's toil are not strong enough to stop their penetrating powers,
With but a glance and then a prayerful stare they complete their worthy task.
All is calm now, light is revealed, eternity is opened, these eyes have healed me.
I have been made whole...not with words but with the Light of Love's Eyes.
 
Psalm 33:18
"...The eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love."

God of All, help me to no longer look into the eyes of those who hate and despise me but rather to gaze unceasingly into the eyes of your Incarnate Love who is Jesus the Lord. There may I find strength, healing, grace and salvation given freely. May I walk in Divine Light all my days and never depart from my journey with you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment